If you’d like to book a working session with me, here is what you need to know:
- I live in the Atlantic Time Zone (Toronto/New York +1 hour), but I sometimes travel, mostly in Europe. You can usually book a session within two weeks.
- If we live very far apart in time zones, then contact me directly and we’ll see what we can work out that fits both our schedules. I have worked with clients in Australia and New Zealand.
- Companies pay CAD 500 per 1-hour session. Group sessions are welcome. Please check that your company’s network security isn’t going to get in the way. (It happens.)
- Individuals pay CAD 250 per 1-hour session. If you’re a one-person company, then you’re an individual. If you’re an employee, but you can’t get your company to reimburse you to work with me, then you’re an individual. If you’re not sure, check with me and you probably qualify as an individual.
- Premium Members of The jbrains Experience get a discount on working sessions. They also get access to an ever-growing collection of articles on working more effectively and with less stress. They can also ask me questions by email. Both individuals and companies can become Premium members.
- Most sessions last longer than 1 hour. Don’t tell anyone.
- Longer sessions are available on demand. Just tell me what you have in mind and we will figure it out together.
How To Book a Working Session
- Visit https://schedule.jbrains.ca and find some free time on my calendar. Propose as many dates and times as you like.
- Wait to receive confirmation of your scheduled session with details on how to pay for the session. You’ll be able to pay online with a credit card, but if you need to make other arrangements, we can do that.
- When you pay for the session, you confirm the appointment. In some situations, I’m happy to accept your payment after the session.
- Visit https://tell.jbrains.ca and tell me what you’d like to work on in your session. This is your chance to get things out of your head so that you can relax until we have the chance to talk. You can ask questions, describe your context, bare your soul, whatever you need. You don’t need to tell me everything, but if you give me a picture of what you’d like to work on, then I can begin to prepare.
What We Might Do
I’ve done all these things in working sessions with clients. Perhaps you need something slightly different. Interesting proposals considered.
- code review
- pair programming: new code and legacy code, writing tests and refactoring, katas and project work
- plan strategy for a new coaching engagement
- run team workshops
- prepare to quit a job and become a freelancer
- prepare to interview with Big Well-Known Companies for positions like Scrum Master and Development Manager
- do a one-on-one version of a training course (requires multiple sessions)
- discuss what to do with the rest of their life (no, really!)
- run virtual training for companies (additional fees apply, tell me what you have in mind)
I look forward to the chance to work with you! If this didn’t clarify things for you, then I apologize for that. I tried. Feel free to ask me a question if you’re unsure how to proceed.