If you’d like to book a working session with me, here is what you need to know:
- I live in the Atlantic Time Zone (Toronto/New York +1 hour), but I sometimes travel, mostly in Europe. You can usually book a session within two weeks.
- If we live very far apart in time zones, then contact me directly and we’ll see what we can work out that fits both our schedules. I have worked with clients in Australia and New Zealand.
- The standard/enterprise price for a 1-hour session is CAD 600. Group sessions are welcome.
- If you’re an individual or a one-person company, then please subscribe to The jbrains Experience in order to qualify for coaching at a substantially lower price. (Once you receive a discount, it’s yours forever!)
- If you’re a (legacy) member of The jbrains Experience, and you’ve booked sessions with me in the past, then you continue to pay that price as long as I do this work! Just schedule your session and I’ll invoice you separately.
- Most sessions last longer than 1 hour. Don’t tell anyone.
- Longer sessions are available on demand. Just tell me what you have in mind and we will figure it out together.
How To Book a Working Session
- Visit schedule.jbrains.ca and find some free time on my calendar. Propose as many dates and times as you like.
- Choose how to pay: I need to make special arrangements, such as a purchase order or an invoice or I want to confirm my session right away by paying now.
When you schedule your session, you’ll receive an email notification. (Check that emails from
vyte.in don’t end up in your spam folder.) Once I confirm the time of your session, you’ll receive instructions on how to request an invoice, request the information you need to obtain a purchase order, or ask for alternate arrangements to pay.
What We Might Do
I’ve done all these things in working sessions with clients. Perhaps you need something slightly different. Interesting proposals considered.
- code review
- pair programming: new code and legacy code, writing tests and refactoring, katas and project work
- plan strategy for a new coaching engagement
- run team workshops
- prepare to quit a job and become a freelancer
- prepare to interview with Big Well-Known Companies for positions like Scrum Master and Development Manager
- do a one-on-one version of a training course (requires multiple sessions)
- discuss what to do with the rest of their life (no, really!)
- run virtual training for companies (additional fees apply, tell me what you have in mind)
I look forward to the chance to work with you! If this didn’t clarify things for you, then I apologize for that. I tried. Feel free to ask me a question if you’re unsure how to proceed.