In this one-day workshop we will explore the question of why your organization is not taking the time to improve and how we can make this situation better. We will begin by forming a general understanding of what your business does today and leave with a plan to find slack in your organization, begin to exploit it, and decide how to use that slack for improvements to the business.
Anyone working in an environment where they clearly know that changes are needed, but they clearly see that nobody has time to improve anything. You are stuck and you want someone to help you find a way to move forward.
The main benefit of slack is the ability to increase your company’s responsiveness to your customers. Specifically:
- Customers will see their requests completed sooner
- Managers will better understand the path that customer requests take through your business, so they can do better capacity planning
- Teams will better understand which activities help to complete a customer request and which ones can be deferred, eliminated, or automated
- Everyone will better understand which improvements are most urgent and most significant, so they can focus on those improvements first
We will answer these questions together, through group discussions and working sessions where you will map some of your value streams.
- Why is slack so important for your business?
- Why do you have no slack now?
- What would you do with slack if you had it?
- How do you identify potential sources of slack?
- How do you turn potential slack into actual slack?