Join J. B. Rainsberger and learn whether test-driven development (TDD) will work for you. In addition to basic TDD training, this course unlocks some of the secrets of modular design from one of TDD’s master practitioners. Bring your laptop and be prepared to change the way you write software.
You have had professional experience on at least one software project in Java, C#, Python or Ruby. You would like to know how to design software incrementally with test-driven development.
You will learn…
- how test-driven development can help you deliver software your users will love
- how test-driven development can help you earn revenue sooner on your software projects
- how to perform the steps of test-driven development
- the secrets of truly modular software design
- how to practise test-driven development and integrate it into your daily practice
- how to design effectively with interfaces
- how to test-drive a web user interface without having to deploy your application
- An introduction to test-driven development and the theory of constraints
- Realizing the promise of modular design with test-driven development
- A demonstration of the technique of test-driven development
- Exercise: test-drive a single-class design
- Making test-driven development a daily habit
- A demonstration of evolving an architecture with test-driven development
- Exercise: test-drive a multiple-class design
- Zero integration defects without integration tests
- A demonstration of evolving an architecture through interfaces
- Exercise: test-drive a multiple-class design with interfaces and test doubles
- Remaining questions and answers
Start Online Now!
You can maximise the value of on-site training right now. Either you could pay me thousands of currency units (even millions, depending on which country you live in) to get on a plane and teach you the fundamentals of TDD or you could start right now with self-paced, online training on the basics, then pay me thousands (or millions) in a few months, once you get past the basics and deep into more “interesting” problems. What could be better? For a tiny investment up front you get a lot more value.
Click here to get started for a fraction of what you’d expect to pay for on-site introductory training.
If you don’t want to learn alone, don’t worry: you’re not necessarily on your own. (You can be, if you like.) After you’ve started your online training, if you need extra help, click here to join my private learning community. Ask questions, get answers, and be first in line to hire me for as-you-need-it live training/coaching sessions. This will guide you until it becomes obvious that it’s time for on-site, in-depth, immersive training, coaching, and consulting. How’s that for agile? Invest a little, try the training, work with the trainer, and then invest big only when it becomes clear that it will deliver you a huge bang for your buck, euro, or kronor/krónur/kroner.
In spite of this, some companies need more traditional training offerings to fit their purchasing or procurement policies. If that’s what you need, then you can always click here to get started.